Vladimir Tour in Golden Ring Tour 2023
Vladimir Tour vs. other Golden Ring Tours.
Vladimir Tour is one of the main parts of Golden Ring Tours. Vladimir tour owes its fame to limestone churches of the 12th c. During Vladimir Tour we will see the Church of St. Dmitry, the Assumption Cathedral and much more. Before you decide re a tour to Vladimir, pls. see the video about Sergiev Posad. It's closer to Moscow (thus the tour is cheaper) with as much to see as in Vladimir tour. If you have more time than ‘just’ having Sergiev Posad tour (i.e. one more day), take Vladimir Tour and Suzdal Tour. It is possible to visit all 3 towns in approx. 22 hrs. But it is tough.
We also offer the tour to Vladimir in Chinese.
7 history facts for Vladimir Tour.
1. Vladimir got its historical significance after mid-12th c. Vladimir became a new political and cultural center of Russia. It is still the cultural and economic center of Vladimir region. Vladimir principality became the core around which Russia formed.
2. There is little evidence about the early history of Vladimir. Some sources mentioned Vladimir in 990 attributing its foundation to Prince Vladimir Svyatoslavich. Other Russian chronicles wrote that Vladimir was founded in 1108 by Prince Vladimir Monomakh (learn more about Vladimir Monomakh in Moscow Armory Tour).
3. The rise of Vladimir began under Andrei Bogolyubsky, who shifted the administrative center of the principality to Vladimir. In 1157 he proclaimed himself Grand Prince in Vladimir. The new capital was transformed greatly: the gold-domed Assumption Cath. and Golden Gate, the grand entrance to Vladimir, were constructed. They are must-sees of our Vladimir Tour nowadays.
4. His policy was continued by his brother Vsevolod, but under his successors the principality of Vladimir was broken up into several small principalities.
5. In 1238 Vladimir fell to the Mongol-Tatar hordes. During the Vladimir Tour you can see the panorama of that historical battle. Vladimir continued to resist. Up to 1328 Vladimir remained the administrative center of North-Eastern Rus. In 1299 Vladimir became the residence of the Metropolitan, the head of the Russian Church. The history of Vladimir in the 14th-17th c. was full of Tatar attacks.
6. In the 18th century, Vladimir changed its status 3 times. At the 3rd time in 1796 Vladimir became the center of the newly formed Vladimir province. During that period the construction of Vladimir according to a new regular plan began. At that time Vladimir remained a small town (as some other towns of Golden-Ring Tour route remain nowadays).
7. Vladimir’s main street was a part of Vladimir Road that led cons to Siberia. In 1783 Catherine II ordered to build a prison in Vladimir. After the revolution Vladimir prison became one of the main in the country, that's why it is called Vladimir Central. At different times the inmates of the Vladimir prison included Stalin’s son and Stalin’s sister-in-law, F. G. Powers (pilot of a U.S. U-2 downed in the Urals) and others.
7 facts for Vladimir Tour.
1. Vladimir is almost 190 km (120 miles) from Moscow. If you have only 1 day (or less) for Golden Ring tours, go to Sergiev Posad Tour (70 km from Moscow). Still, if you choose Vladimir Tour with Angel Tour, you will be amazed by the facts and places you will visit in your Vladimir Tour.
2. Now Vladimir is not a small town as its peers in the Golden Ring Tour route. Vladimir is a big industrial center. That is why to see the scenic nature and serenity, old churches, abbeys and houses, choose Sergiev Posad Tour or add Suzdal Tour to Vladimir Tour.
3. Apart from the Vladimir sights above, they also include its theater, which is one of the oldest in the country (1848).
4. The Golden Gate (1164) is the 1st. or the last Vladimir’s landmark we will see on our Vladimir Tour. It is one of the must-sees of Vladimir Tours. It stands at the beginning of B. Moskow Str., the oldest one in Vladimir.
5. Vladimir' old water tower was turned into a museum of old Vladimir, which is another place of interest for tourists on our Vladimir Tour. It displays scenes of Vladimir life.
6. The heart of Vladimir is Sobornaya Sq. The Assumption Cath. (1158-60) is the main place of worship in Vladimir and is the main place to visit during Vladimir Tour. It was rebuilt after the great fire in Vladimir in 1185. The Assumption Cath. of Vladimir served as a model for Aristotle Fioravanti when he created the Assumption Cath. in the Moscow Kremlin. The cathedral housed the celebrated, miracle-working icon of the Virgin of Vladimir which was and still is greatly revered in Russia. Now you can see it on our tour to the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow. The 15th-cen. frescoes that still can be found inside the cathedral are the work of A. Rublev, one of the greatest Russian icon painters. For a longtime rulers of Moscow assumed the title of grand prince in this сathedral of Vladimir.
7. The Cath. of St. Dmitry was built in 1194-97. It is one of the UNESCO sites to see in Vladimir Tour.
These are just some of the sights of the Vladimir Tour. If you wish to ask re Vladimir Tour pls. ask via phone, text, tg. viber, wa. +7.9.ANGEL.TOUR or web chat or just hit the button 'Ask re Vladimir Tour' below. This tour can also be added to Kazan Tour.